Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking on my photography. I always want to pull off something cool or something unique. And then I got to thinking about what I am shooting. Am I really getting what I want? I recently shot a wedding and the images were fantastic. Everyone raved about them when they seen me. But why was I so secretly unhappy with them? The exposure was correct. The lighting was good. But why am I not happy with them? Then it came to me on the way home from a delivery shoot. I was soo geared up and excited about the delivery. Why? Cause of the emotion. When a new baby comes, it is so exciting seeing their face for the first time and the anticipation of their arrival...the tears in the momma's eyes as she catches that first glimpse, the dad's hand shaking as he cuts the cord....I could go on. (this is a type of session I have sooo grown to love, must be the mom in me). Then it hit me. That is why I wasn't in love with my wedding photos. I want that emotion in my wedding photos. I want that desire, the passion, the excitement, the love. I want you to feel it as you look thru them. I want you to experience it as you are there. So, from now on, if you book me as your wedding photographer, that is what I will capture. I will find it. I will make you feel that moment as you lay eyes on each other for the first time in your tux and gown, the first time he touches your cheek with his hand as he he is shaking from excitement and holding back tears. Yes this may seem like a fairy tail, but along this journey I am learning about who I am and what I desire from my work. I am finally finding myself that I had lost for so long. I am not worried about the locations anymore. They will come and go and grow old along the way. Emotion will not. In 15 years of your marriage, it is my desire for you to be able to look back at your wedding photographs and relive that moment, find that love, the passion, the desire in each other. Wow. I really didn't know I had this in me. I can't wait until the wedding I have booked on the 31st. I have just lit a fire in myself by finally putting this in black and white. Thank you all for being supportive. You will never truly know how much each and everyone of you mean to me. God bless and have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. We don't know each other but I just want to say good luck with that wedding! You will do fine :) God Bless!

    xoxo damaris mia

    ReplyDelete